Anyone who has ever read about CBD and tried it knows how confusing it can be to navigate all of the acronyms. The wellness industry is still in its infancy. This means that there is still much to learn and research is ongoing. We will cover all aspects of wide spectrum hemp extract including its benefits, comparisons with other types, and how they compare to other CBD.
Could You Please Remind Me Of CBD?
Cannabinoids are the chemical compounds found in cannabis that naturally occur. Before we can discuss CBD, let’s first talk about cannabinoids.
- Cbd (Cannabidiol): A non-psychoactive chemical derived from hemp (cousin to the marijuana plant).
- Cannabinol (CBN): A cannabinoid that is produced by the oxidation of THC from hemp plants.
- Cannabigerol, (CBG), is the first phytocannabinoid produced in hemp plants. It later becomes other cannabinoids obtained from plants.
More than 140 cannabinoids were discovered in cannabis plants.
It is not marijuana. Cannabis refers to ALL goods made from the Cannabis sativa plants, while marijuana refers only to high levels of tetrahydrocannabinol.
CBD is being investigated for its ability to reduce stress, which can lead to poor sleep.
What Is Broad-Spectrum Hemp Extract?
Broad-spectrum hemp extract contains almost every chemical found in cannabis plants, including flavonoids and cannabinoids. It also includes trace amounts of terpenes.
- Flavonoids, which are natural antioxidants rich in vitamins and minerals, can be found in many fruits and vegetables as well as wine and tea.
- Terpenes can be found in essential oils. They are a diverse group of chemical molecules. They are mostly produced by plants, but some insects also produce them.
- Cannabinoids, as previously mentioned, are naturally occurring substances found in cannabis.
This is what makes it different from CBD isolate. It is made up of CBD isolate which is 99% pure CBD and is free of any other chemicals.
THC is the only ingredient missing in broad-spectrum hemp extract. This means that it won’t make you “high”. Full-spectrum hemp extract does contain the psychoactive molecule, but less than 3% (per the legal limit).
What Do New Studies Show About The Benefits Of Broad-Spectrum Hemp Extract?
* It Is Thought To Be A Contributor To The Entourage Effect.
Broad-spectrum CBD can capture a variety of phytocannabinoids found in hemp plants. This is known as the entourage effect. It is the theory that different beneficial compounds in cannabis work together to produce unique effects and advantages. Terpenes may also play a part in this.
* It Has Been Processed Less Than CBD Isolate
Even though CBD isolate contains 99% pure CBD it is completely devoid of any other components like flavonoids, Terpenes and THC. This is done by refining CBD.
* It Has All The Health Benefits Of Full-Spectrum CBD Without Any Side Effects
THC works by binding to the receptors of the endocannabinoid systems (ECS) in the body. THC-free, broad-spectrum CBD does not interact with the ECS and does not bind to any receptors. This results in no unpleasant effects.
* It Offers Significant Health Benefits
Broad-spectrum hemp extract has been studied for its effects on sleep, mood, immune health, mobility, and cognition and pain management.
There Are Many Types Of Hemp Products With A Broad Range Of Uses
Benefit: Easy to incorporate into your daily health supplement regimen–great for CBD sleep support.
What to look out for: Quality supplements that are not filled with fillers or binders. Supplements that have been triple-tested and certified for efficacy. The certificate of analysis should also be available.
Benefit: Sublingual medications, also known as under-the-tongue drugs, are a better alternative to edible drugs for quick results.
You should only purchase CBD tinctures that have been evaluated by a third party for safety. They should not contain any fillers or isolated ingredients. You can also use CBD broad spectrum tinctures for sleep.
Topicals such as CBD oil-based creams can be applied directly to the skin. They are ideal for treating minor discomforts.
Your skin is not as porous as your under-tongue, so you will need to apply CBD more liberally and use a higher dose.